John Zimmerman, Jodi Forlizzi, Shelly Evenson
Human-Computer Interaction Institute and The School of Design
Carnegie Mellon University.
- HCI researchers conclude designers could make novel & better integrations: A product that transforms our world from the current to a preferred state.
- The paper provides a set of 4 lenses for HCI research contribution & 3 examples to prove their opinions.
- 两方面总结前人研究 Authors focus attention of previously research mainly in 2 aspects: a. Understand essential relationship between interaction design and HCI research community; b. Discover effectively-participate methods for interaction design researchers.
- 两方面简要介绍文章中心 This paper concludes 2 contributions to claim design research (community) potentially taking a functional and holistic approach than just surperficially decoration: a. Provide a beneficial interaction design research model. b. Provide a set of evaluating criteria for research qualities.
- Designers have their abilities to solve the wicked problems which is described in Frayling’s work: research through design and their artifacts finally could be design exemplars.
In this context the definitions of
In the HCI community: A HCI practitioner (a interaction designer/ a usability engineer/ a software developer,etc.); In the design community ( the aspect which we mainly focused in the paper): sb. who got trained in disciplines such architecture, product design, graphic design, interaction design, etc.